You got your god in my politics!

If you aren't worried about the Tea Party and Republicans pushing religion into politics and public policy, you should be. We already have enough people in public office who think god is talking to them and guiding their decisions (even our former President*), we certainly don't need more.

If you aren't afraid, you aren't paying attention.

"God is the reason that I’m running. If I didn’t believe that there were a cause greater than myself worth fighting for, if I didn’t believe that it takes a complete dying of self to make things right in this election cycle I would not be running and when you die to yourself you rely on a power greater than yourself so prayer is what’s gotten us all through."

- Christine O’Donnell, Tea Party candidate**

*President Bush's response to Bob Woodward's question on whether he consulted his father (former President Bush) on invading Iraq was that he is "the wrong father to appeal to for advice ... there is a higher father that I appeal to". Also, Former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

**Two more bonus quotes from Christine O'Donnell:
"I am not a witch. I'm you."
"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?"